Exam Board: Non-Specific
First Teaching: September 2015
First Exam: Summer 2018
Get straight to the heart of Shakespeare's Twelfth Night; students' confidence and understanding develop faster as they explore the plot, themes and Shakespeare's language, which is supported throughout this abridged play text from Globe Education.
- Reduces the length of the play by a third, while preserving the intricacies of the plot, enabling students to engage with the whole story in the class time available
- Builds understanding of Shakespeare's language by providing a detailed glossary alongside the text for quick and easy reference, plus a range of language-focused activities
- Offers a tried-and-tested approach to introducing Shakespeare, based on Globe Education's shortened 'Playing Shakespeare' productions that have been seen and appreciated by over 150,000 students
- Helps students form their own personal responses to Shakespeare's Twelfth Night, stimulated by stunning photographs from Globe productions and questions that reflect on context, characters and themes
- Lays the foundations for GCSE success by including activities that target the skills needed for the assessment objectives
Free teacher support
Shorter Shakespeare: Twelfth Night is supported by free online teaching resources for each scene:
- Teaching notes with guidance on how to approach the scene
- Practical group activities to use in the classroom
- Questions on language, context, themes, character and performance
- Web links to extra resources including photographs from Globe productions, interviews with actors and contextual information
This title is also accompanied by 10 video clips from Globe Education's shortened 'Playing Shakespeare' production of Twelfth Night.